A reserve study your homeowner association can rely on
At Criterium-Dotson Engineers, we know the longevity of your homeowner association depends on careful management of your community’s assets and capital reserves. We understand how buildings perform over time, and over the past 60 years we have built an enviable reputation for providing reserve studies that identify risks, reveal opportunities, and manage costs.
Real engineering expertise applied in real time
Not all reserve study providers use licensed engineers. Every Criterium-Dotson Engineers homeowners association reserve study is conducted and/or reviewed by a licensed, Professional Engineer and includes observations and analysis gathered in the field.
We are your community engineer
Most community associations prefer to work with an engineering consultant that knows their community. We operate from our office in McKinney, Texas, ensuring your Criterium-Dotson engineer has local expertise on buildings, maintenance costs, and environmental regulations and considerations.
Clear communication with your community association
We do more than write your reserve study in a clear, easy-to-understand way. We attend association meetings to help you present and explain it to your community. Your personal Criterium engineer will be by your side every step of the way.
Meeting—and exceeding—requirements and regulations
A full reserve study focuses on specific parts of your property, describing their quantity, condition, typical useful life, and probable replacement costs. The financial analysis measures the impact of maintaining and replacing these key components over the next 20 – 30 years and recommends a reserve funding strategy to make sure adequate funds are available when needed.
Upon request, we can provide even more. An enhanced reserve study can:
- include a Property Condition Report with comprehensive descriptions of critical components and systems like plumbing, HVAC, roof and siding, and common interiors
- expand reporting beyond common inventory elements into individually owned assets that may affect value
- suggest accessibility improvements to amenities and assets, providing a guide for good property management
- propose alternative solutions that upgrade instead of replace existing components, so properties operate more efficiently
- explore and recommend alternative funding arrangements and investments, including iterative funding options analysis
At Criterium-Dotson Engineers, we want every reserve fund study to be the start of a long-term relationship. From follow-up studies to engineering consulting, we can continue to help you support the physical and financial health of your homeowners association.
For the life of your association™
The value of a reserve study is best revealed in maintenance cost savings, smart investments in improvements, and peace of mind. Request a proposal for your next reserve study. Contact Criterium-Dotson Engineers to turn an in-depth report on your physical property into a clear picture of your community’s financial health.